Going green has never been more popular than it is now. Whether or not you choose to adopt a more green lifestyle, there are certainly realistic ways each person can live a more environmentally conscious lifestyle that complements their daily life.
Yes, there are the obvious, stopping the wasteful use of paper, recycling etc., but what about some not so obvious yet easy ways to go green? Here are a few ideas:
- Start your morning with a USDA approved organic coffee which is grown using more sustainable methods.
- If you don’t brew at home, bring your reusable mug to your local coffee shop. Not only will you possibly get a price break, your coffee will stay warm longer.
- Turn off all the electronics you are not using in your home. Actually, this one is double the goodness because as I seen on Oprah, you can drastically cut your electric bill!
- Recycle your electronics. Did you know it’s illegal to dump your electronics? They add nasty chemicals and heavy metals to the environment. I know, it’s so much easier to throw that busted keyboard in the trash but, many stores you go to have some sort of free electronic recycling box, especially electronic stores.
- Stop tending to your lawn. Well, just don’t tend to it as much. Why? Because if your grass is a little longer, it absorbs more sunlight which makes it greener. It also makes the roots stronger which requires less watering.
- Slow down. According to goodhousekeeping.com, driving above 60 MPH is like adding .50 cents to every gallon of gas, who knew! Guess who’s moving over to the slow lane…
- Store your paperwork in a cloud based document management system such as eSignDashboard. By doing this, not only can you access the documents you need anywhere, you’re saving time you would not have had if you were shuffling though loads of paperwork.